- 1 What is the biggest mistake tourists make booking an Avila and Segovia tour?
- 2 3 Solutions for a perfect Avila and Segovia Tour
- 3 Why is the history of Avila and Segovia so exciting?
- 4 WHY OUR SIGHTSEEING IS THE MOST ENJOYABLE, COMFORTABLE AND INSTRUCTIVE PRIVATE AVILA AND SEGOVIA TOUR?
What is the biggest mistake tourists make booking an Avila and Segovia tour?
Since we started in 1997 with private tours for individual travellers, we have realized that most tourists who do day trips to Avila and Segovia from Madrid miss out on wonderful attractions that are not included in Tour Operators (T.O.) tourist packages.
If you have no choice but to book Avila and Segovia Tour with T.O. this blog may not be of interest to you, but if you are a traveler who has decided to book a private Avila and Segovia tour with an official guide and art historian because you are aware of how important is to learn properly all places you visit, without running all the time behind your group, you should read this:
5 Powerful reasons to make the most of your day trip to Avila and Segovia from Madrid
- You wish to enjoy attractions that are not included in a regular Avila and Segovia Tour.
- You want to decide where to spend more time; wether in Avila or in Segovia.
- You want to maintain a constant and personal communication with your official guide, to ask him everything that interests you, and to learn from him all the important historical events that happened in Segovia and Avila.
- You travel with your family and it is of priority relevance that your children learn while having fun.
- You love photography and want to spend half an hour photographing the Walls of Avila or you don’t like photography and prefer to extend your lunch hour for half an hour.
3 Solutions for a perfect Avila and Segovia Tour
You choose freedom: Fulfilling the program of a trip requires organization. The perfect organization is not only based on scrupulous adherence to schedules and itineraries. An ideal Avila and Segovia Tour has to be private. This allows you total freedom for departure and return time and deposits in you the decision on the length of stay at each spot included in your private tour.
You choose comfort : You know that it is not possible to do a whole 1 day Avila and Segovia Tour from Madrid by fast train. It is also very clear that there is a better option for you than being part of a Segovia and Avila one day group trip. You aim the comfort of traveling in a private van, preferred admissions to all monuments – no queues – and personalized explanations by a private guide that suits 100% your preferences.
You choose full satisfaction (of your wishes) : You are a traveler who feels very sure of what you want : first and foremost, total satisfaction on your Avila and Segovia Tour. You also want an official guide who will provide you with quality information that will exceed your most demanding expectations, unrestricted flexibility on the course of the tour and an optimal relationship between price and quality.
In case these reasons fit with what you desire and you don’t want to read the article all the way through,
this is the perfect Avila and Segovia Private Tour
Here’s how we make a reality your powerful reasons to fully enjoy an Avila and Segovia day trip from Madrid
Not to be missed is the Royal Palace of la Granja de San Ildefonso, where you will like to walk in its magnificent Royal Garden and learn the fascinating history of the first Bourbon King Philip V. The official guide of Madrid Museum Tours will propose many itineraries for you to savour in Segovia’s old town. You will find pleasure walking in the Claustra, Caballeros, Jewish Quarters and understanding the relevant features of Romanesque, Mudejar and Gothic art in Segovia through its most important churches and monuments. In short, all artistic and cultural activities that are not included in regular tours of Segovia or, if done, in a pitifully superficial way.
The Romans founded Segovia on a limestone rock between the Eresmas and Clamores rivers. Its most famous attractions are the Aqueduct, an impressive public engineering work that demonstrated the power of Rome, its Alcazar, the last Spanish Gothic Cathedral, the imaginative esgrafiados and, especially for foodies, the Segovian suckling pig. 1985 is the year in which Segovia was declared World Heritage Site.
Avila del Rey, los Leales, and of los Caballeros is the code of arms of Avila. Would you like to know few things you wouldn’t do on a T.O. package, but would still do on a private tour of Madrid Museum Tours? To begin with, our private tour of Avila with a licensed guide and art historian will help you to get immersed in the city mystical character, full of endearing traditions. Avila corners exhale an intimate atmosphere that permeates its streets and enchant pedestrians. It seems that time passes more slowly here than elsewhere. You won’t see people in a hurry and you will forget stress, walking in charming Avila streets. During our private Avila tour, we usually stop at a traditional bar to taste a glass of Gredos, Avila’s home-brewed beer or, even before arriving, take a trip to the little town which was birthplace of the Spanish leader who led the democratic transition after Franco and where surprisingly good and cheap wines are produced!
Avila is one of the historic fortified cities created in Castilla y Leon region in the Middle Age to stop the Moorish who intended to invade Toledo.
Avila Wall stands on an uneven terrain and has a perimeter of 1,8 miles that protects the historic centre of 395 sq. yards. The average height of the walls is up to 40 feet and has the thickness of 10 feet. 88 towers, 2500 battlements and 9 gates. Together with the Teresian Route, in which you will learn life and work of an extraordinary woman, writer, mystic poet, reformer and persecuted by the Inquisition, Santa Teresa de Avila, are both the main tourist attractions of the city.
Avila has been UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1984.
- Origin of Spain: You will learn in Avila and Segovia, both cities located in the ancient kingdom of Isabel the Catholic Queen, the circumstances which led to the creation of Spain. At the beginning, a vision of Isabel that evolved into an ideal which became the sense of her life. Yes, no doubt that Isabel’s life, the Catholic Queen, is a thrilling epic about the birth of Spain.
- The Aqueduct of Segovia : This great engineering civil work of more than 16000 yards long is the symbol of Segovia’s identity. As well as being a symbol of Rome domain, it served to provide to the city, the public baths and the fountains, with drinkable water. Today the aqueduct is carrying water again. Madrid Museum Tours licensed guide will explain you all the 5 main provisions that are currently implemented for the conservation of the aqueduct and curious anecdotes that happened at the feet of it during its more than 2000 years of existence.
- The Wall of Avila: Would you like to learn on spot the admirable history of a city that rebelled against the injustice of the powerful ones? Such is the story of the Avila Wall. All its inhabitants, Christians, Moors and Jews, nobles and knights were over the centuries artificer of its construction and protection. You will walk along the Avila Wall, touch its millennial stones and feel the spiritual strength of all the generations of inhabitants who dedicated their lives to defend it.
- Spanish Ideosyncrasy: The Kingdom of Castilla and Leon was the largest in the Iberian Peninsula at the time Isabel the Catholic was crowned its queen. Its habitants were brave and proud. You will be deeply informed on the current character of the people of Segovia and Avila, forged in wars and an incombustible faith in achieving a more prosperous life. Did they succeed? At the end of this private tour of Madrid Museum Tours you will know the answer.
- The Spanish Empire: In the 16th century, Spain became the most powerful Empire. You will learn directly from the licensed guide of Madrid Museum Tours the keys of its emergence and decadence, through 2 emblematic cities of Castilla and Leon: Segovia and You will also learn to admire the Comuneros of Castilla, fearless farmers who rebel against Emperor Charles V. In fact, we will not hide from you the dark events that filled with pain the pages of the history books of those times but not omitting, on the other side, all exciting events that brought short term joy to Avila and Segovia.
WHY OUR SIGHTSEEING IS THE MOST ENJOYABLE, COMFORTABLE AND INSTRUCTIVE PRIVATE AVILA AND SEGOVIA TOUR?
1º Because it features a private tour of the Royal Palace of the Granja de San Ildefonso and its Royal Collegiate Church, which is an heavenly delight for lovers of architecture and history. This beautiful royal palace was created by the first Bourbon King of Spain, Felipe V, to enjoy here, in a wonderful setting, his retirement – and later eternal rest -. The architectural ensemble of the Royal Palace of the Granja de San Ildefonso is a mixture of Spanish Baroque, French luxury and Italian refinement. It was built with marble from Granada, granite from the Sierra de Guadarrama, blue slate roofs from the province of Segovia and pink limestone from Segovia’s region of Sepulveda.
Our Private Tour inside the Royal Palace of the Granja de San Ildefonso begins at the main Floor and runs through 14 royal rooms that serve as a splendid setting to comment on the historical events around Felipe V, his second wife Isabel de Farnesio, the Count of Montemar, the mayor general of the Royal Navy Jose Patinho, the minister José del Campillo and other main characters of a turbulent era, characterized by another war with England and, few years later, the entry of Spain into the War of the Austrian Succession. However, as your private tour runs through bedrooms, dining room, mirror cabinet, dressing rooms and other luxurious rooms of the 14 royal rooms you will realize how important was this Royal Site to ease the many tribulations of our Bourbon Kings and Queens.
2º Because its Royal Garden surpass in magnificence the Royal Palace of the Granja de San Ildefonso itself. It covers an area of 269.097.8 sq.feet and has 67 forests. On our private tour you will walk through the Royal Garden and enjoy its imposing mythological sculptures and its more than 9 fountains, all surrounded by exuberant tree species.
3º Because on your private tour through Segovia’s narrow streets we will pass in front architectural jewels from late Romanesque to Neoclassical. Beautiful palaces and mansions, vestiges of the most important periods of the city. You will come with us to walk in the historical Jewish, Canonjias and Caballeros Quarters of Segovia to soak up the history of its noble buildings. Admiring palatial and conventual façades, you will learn to distinguish the Romanesque, Plateresque, Mudejar, Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque styles, and shoot photos of gates and heraldry of many illustrious protagonists of past times.
4º Because on our Ávila and Segovia Tour in private Van, you will visit places that, due to its distant location from the usual itineraries of Tour Operators, travellers often miss. Such is the case of the Monastery of Santo Tomás in Avila where the Catholic Monarchs, Isabel and Fernando spent some summer seasons. Here is buried the sadly famous Dominican monk Thomas Torquemada, General Inquisitor of Castile and Aragon, a Jew who hated Judaism. Also, during your private Avila tour we will stop at the Convent of the Incarnation which inspired Teresa de Avila to create the Order of the Discalced Carmelites. Your official guide of Madrid Museum Tours will explain to you the reasons that led the Saint to conceive such a transcendental project.
5º Because, optionally, you will come with us to rend a visit to the most important winery of Avila province. It will be a pleasant surprise due the quality of its wines which come from little known vines such as Albillo and Chelva. Surprisingly affordable prices. Modern facilities which will show you the complete process of the wines from refrigeration, analytical controls, classification, temperatures, pasteurization, aseptic filtering, etc. until final bottling and labelling. After a simple but interesting tasting of the most popular brands, you will only confirm that the province of Avila produces wines of superior quality. This optional excursion runs through a beautiful valley dotted with dense, unpolluted pine forests and rivers of fresh crystal water.
Now that you finally got all you need to know about best Avila and Segovia Tour from Madrid…
You know that you have a total quality guarantee on the private Avila and Segovia Tour of Madrid Museum Tours.
You know that you will have a private tour led by an official guide and art historian who has a passion for the artistic, cultural and touristic beauty of Avila and Segovia.
You know that your luxury private Van has comfortable seats, ample space for your legs and a smooth and powerful engine that will make your journey pleasant and smooth.
You also know that you will get to know other wonderful places in Segovia and Avila that are not included in any other tour.
You know that on your private Avila and Segovia Tour you don’t have to run after any group and that you can stop for, anytime, to rest or photograph the spots you like best.
You should know that you will have the best suckling pig gourmet menu of Segovia in an elegant restaurant, preferred by local foodies, where the only visitor from another country will be you.
You also know that the best private tour is the one that provides you with deep knowledge in an entertaining way, allows you to constantly communicate with your official guide, who will answer directly to your questions instead of bombarding you with memorized information that is often uninteresting or difficult to remember.
Finally, you know that time passes very quickly when you are having a good time and that is why you understand perfectly opinions of our clients who end up delighted with our private Avila and Segovia Tour and are convinced that the quality/price ratio is perfect and that the time of the tour – despite its duration of 9 hours – past in the blink of an eye.
A 10% discount on the price published on the tour website.
Offer subject to availability and limited to the first 5 reservations per date